Back to overview
Empanadas with minced chicken, Beemster Aged and pickles
Serves 5. Prep: 1 hour + Waiting time: 1 hour
- 150 g butter (cold)
- 285 g wheat flour (+ extra for dusting)
- 130 g cream cheese (cold)
- 1½ tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 15 g fresh parsley
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g minced chicken
- 100 g Beemster Aged
- 3 tbsp sweet and sour pickle cubes
- 2 eggs
- Food processor
- Cling film
- Rolling pin
- Cutters (ø approx. 9 cm)
- Baking paper
- Cut the butter into pieces and mix briefly in the food processor with the flour, cream cheese, vinegar, baking powder, 1 tbsp water and the salt to form a cohesive dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and press flat. Leave to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Chop the garlic and parsley and the tomato into 1 cm pieces. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken mince. Add the garlic, parsley and tomato pieces and fry together for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese. Mix the cheese with the pickle cubes into the minced meat mixture and turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 225 ° C. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and knead again briefly. Dust the work surface with some flour. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to a 3 mm thick piece. Use the cookie cutter to cut rounds out of the dough. Knead a ball of the remaining dough, roll out again into a 3 mm thick piece and cut out circles again. Repeat until you have 20 to 22 circles.
- Divide the minced meat mixture over the circles. Gently fold to half-moon shapes and press the edges shut with a fork. Divide over a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Split the eggs and beat the egg yolk. We don’t use the egg white. Brush the empanadas with the yolk. Bake the empanadas in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown and done.