Back to overview
Serves 2. Prep: 25 minutes + oven time: 25 minutes
- 250 g sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- ½ zucchini
- 200 g cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 g Beemster Medium, grated
- 100 g Beemster Aged, grated
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp gin (or Dutch jenever)
- ½ uncut farmhouse bread
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1 ½ cm cubes. Cut the onion into wedges. Cut the zucchini in half and then make 1 ½ cm thick slices. Divide the sweet potato, onion, zucchini and cauliflower florets on a baking tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt (optional). Roast the vegetables in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat the wine in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add the Beemster cheese and let it melt slowly over low heat. Meanwhile, mix the corn flour with the gin in a bowl and add to the melting cheese fondue. Stir gently until you have a nice and smooth cheese fondue. Season with freshly ground pepper if you like.
- Pour the cheese fondue in a caquelon (cheese fondue pan) and keep warm over a burner or warming plate on the table. Cut the farmhouse bread into large dices and present the roasted vegetables on a flat dish. Serve with the cheese fondue.
Prefer not to use Dutch jenever? You can also use vodka, gin or kirsch. Or you increase the amount of wine to 150 ml.