Back to overview
Tortilla pie with Beemster Medium
Serves 6. Prep: 35 minutes + Oven time: 30 minutes
- 5 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500 g half-and-half or minced beef
- 3 bell peppers: you can use different colors
- 1 onion
- 1 red jalapeño pepper
- 140 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 200 g Beemster Medium
- 150 g corn
- 3 eggs
- 125 g crème fraiche
- 50 g tortilla chips
- 1 ripe avocado
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp Mexican salsa
- spring form (Ø 24 cm)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Use a total of 2 tbsp sunflower oil to brush the corn tortillas on both sides with. Place them in the spring form so that they completely cover the bottom and the edges. Bake the tin with the tortillas in it for 5 min. And take out of the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and fry the minced meat over high heat for 6 minutes, until loose and golden brown. Meanwhile, remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and cut into small pieces. Chop the onion. If necessary, pour the moisture that has come out of the minced meat out of the pan and add the onion and bell pepper. Bake for 5 minutes with the meat.
- Slice half of the jalapeño pepper in thin rings and finely chop the rest of the pepper. Add the chopped pepper to the ground beef, along with the tomato paste, ground cumin, and smoked paprika. Bake for 2 minutes and season the mixture with salt.
- Grate the cheese. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the corn and 100g of the cheese. Beat the eggs with the crème fraiche and mix in with the minced meat. Spoon the mixture into the spring form. Bake the tortilla cake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and divide the tortilla chips over the cake first and then the rest of the cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes and then take out of the oven.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, scoop the flesh from the skin and then into cubes. Coarsely chop the coriander. Spread the avocado, Mexican salsa, coriander and jalapeño rings on the pie and serve the tortilla pie.