Back to overview
Beemster Cheese Tree
Serves 4, Time: 20 minutes excl. 30 minutes cooling
- 350g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ts Worcestershire sauce
- Zest from a lemon
- 200g grated Beemster Royaal
- 20g freshly chopped parsley
- 20 salted sticks filled with cheese
- 30 Beemster Royaal biscuits (or alternative)
- 20 shaved almonds
- 2 ts pomegranate
- 2 ts Beemster Classic/X-O- grated
- Crackers and toast
- Mix the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, grated Beemster Royaal cheese and salt. Allow all the ingredients to be mixed well.
- Place a ¼ part of the cheese mixture on a plate and put three salted sticks vertically into the mixture in order to create some firmness. Add the rest of the cheese mixture and shape it into a Christmas tree.
- Sprinkle the parsley on the Christmas tree to create a green finish and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Decorate the tree with the Royaal biscuits, salted sticks and shaved almonds. You can also use the almonds to create a star for on top of the tree. Pour the pomegranate over the tree and sprinkle more freshly chopped parsley on the plate and add some freshly grated Beemster Classic or X-O-.
Enjoy together with crackers and toast!