Back to overview
Serves 4. Prep: 20 minutes + Oven time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 125 g smoked bacon strips
- 400 g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 500 g chilled rösti150 g Beemster Aged
- 10 g fresh Italian herbs
- 6 medium eggs
- 200 g crème fraîche
- Quiche pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease a quiche pan with 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Fry the bacon in a non-stick skillet for 5 minutes until crispy. Meanwhile, cut the mushrooms into wedges and the onions in half rings. Fry the onion and mushrooms with the bacon over medium heat for 10 minutes, until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and fry the rösti over medium heat for 8 minutes. Turn well.
- Meanwhile, grate the old cheese. Remove the leaves and needles from the Italian herbs and chop finely. Put the eggs in a bowl and beat together with the crème fraiche, 100 g grated cheese and the finely chopped herbs.
- Mix the rösti into the mushroom mixture, spoon into the quiche pan and pour the egg mixture on it. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Bake the frittata in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.