We take data protection and confidentiality extremely seriously, and comply with the national and European regulations on data protection which are currently in effect. The key aspects of our data storage policy are explained below. We only process and use your personal data with your explicit permission.
- Which data do we store? We store the information which we receive from you if you take part in competitions, for example, subscribe to the Beemster newsletter, or contact us in another manner. This information consists primarily of your name, address, e-mail address and date of birth. By ascertaining which links you click on the website and in the Beemster region, we also gather information about the things you are interested in. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we also create a profile of you in our database. Any additional data which you provide to us will be stored in this.
- What do we use your data for? We use your data for market research and to send you certain information (if desired) by post, e-mail or text message.
- How long do we store your data? In principle, we store all the data you send us as long as you are in our files. If you want us to stop using your data, we will of course comply with your request immediately (see also point 5).
- Can you check which of your data we have stored? Yes. Upon request, we will inform you which of your data we are storing.
- Can you have your stored data removed? Yes. You can have your data removed wholly or partly at any time. For this, go to “newsletter” on our website and select “unsubscribe from newsletter”. We will immediately comply with your request, and as of that moment you will no longer receive further e-mails or other communications from us. In some cases, we are legally obliged to store your data. In such cases, we will not remove your data but will block them, so that they can no longer be used.
- What are cookies, and do we make use of them? Cookies are small text files which can be stored on the hard disk of your computer if you visit websites. The information in cookies makes it easier for you to surf, and our internet pages are displayed correctly. Our cookies are not intended to identify you as a person. By changing the settings on your browser, you can prevent cookies being stored. See the instructions for use of your browser for this.
- Do we pass on your information to third parties? No, the data you provide to us are not sold, rented out or exchanged by us. If we instruct other businesses to perform work for us (for example, sending e-mails), we require these companies to protect your data, of course, and to use them exclusively for the specific objective. Moreover, these businesses are required to treat your data in accordance with this declaration on data protection and the currently applicable statutory provisions.
- Data protection All data are stored on servers which comply with strict security standards and which are secured against abuse and access by unauthorised persons. If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to get in touch using the contact form.